Friday, January 15, 2016

"I Am... Caitlyn... Not Jenner."

I am my love for music,
My love for Charlotte.

I am my love for romance,
And my uncertainty to take the plunge.


I am my love for coffee,
But my hate for the after taste.

I am the times I've been sweet,
And the times I've been vile.

I am my home schooling,
And my social awkwardness.

I am my hope to have more love
For the world than hate.



I am my experiences,
And the life lessons offered by my family.

I am my avoidance of confrontation,
And I am my complete understanding of my feelings.

I am my confidence, my strengths!
And, unfortunately, I am also my doubts.

I am the acceptance of others,
But not of myself.

16 comments:

  1. Your poem reflects wisdom and thoughtfulness... with so many insights and contradictions. The last line is telling, and probably true for MANY people. Beautiful poem. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what kinds of music do you like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Twenty One Pilots, Arctic Monkeys, G-Eazy, and a lot of other stuff. I like a majority of music.

      Delete
  3. You look vaguely familiar. Have we met?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how your poem contradicts itself! We should get coffee sometime. I also enjoy Twenty One Pilots and Arctic Monkeys. Do you like Panic! At the Disco?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That'd be cool! And yes, I do!! My favorite song is by them (Hallelujah). :)

      Delete
    2. I'm more of a Death of a Bachelor or Crazy=Genius kinda girl myself but I also enjoy their older stuff (Lying is the Most Fun..., I Write Sins..., ect.) :)

      Delete
    3. I'm a fan of their older songs as well, but Hallelujah resonates with me.

      Delete
    4. Just gonna butt in and say that Nicotine is my favorite. Just saying.

      Delete
    5. Nicotine is so good! I'm also a huge Fall Out Boy girl. Patrick Stump is basically my life. The Youngblood Chronicles is pretty much the greatest thing I've been blessed with :)

      Delete
    6. Fall Out Boy is nice. I really wanted to go see them while they were in Times Square in New York for new years, but alas... It would've cost SOOOOO much moolah and I just don't have that.

      Delete
  5. I personally enjoyed your title! haha very clever!! made me giggle!!!

    ReplyDelete